HERALD readers have solved the mystery of this old photograph.
Our Herald The Past columnists Brian Harle and Alan Davison are preparing an article on famous Morpeth architect Charles Franklin Murphy and came across this picture.
They knew it was taken in 1938, but they were stumped as to where it was. As Mr Murphy worked throughout the country, it could have been anywhere and they appealed to readers for help.
Now they have been told that the picture was taken at St Mary’s Church in Widdrington Station.
The building was demolished in the 1990s, but the foundation stone is in St John’s Church, Ulgham.