Drivers have been offered advice to help put a stop to car crime.
The Safer Northumberland Partnership has issued tips to try to prevent thieves from stealing from vehicles as it can take just ten seconds for a theft from a car.
• Never leave valuable items or keys in the car. Glove boxes are the first place thieves check.
• Have the vehicle’s identification number etched on each window.
• Always lock your car and close the windows and sunroof.
• Wipe the windscreen to remove satnav marks.
• Ensure car alarms are well marked.
• Keep keys out of sight, even at home.
• Fit a tracking device and know how to activate it.
If you see anything suspicious call police on 101.