1. The event on Saturday will take place in Morpeth Market Place, along Bridge Street and in the Town Hall.
2. An extended monthly farmers’ market will be in the Market Place and more than 60 food and drink stalls will be in position on Bridge Street, which means that Bridge Street will be closed to traffic until 8pm.
3. The popular ‘Morpeth Jam’ competition is back for its second year. It is being hosted in the Morpeth Chantry centre alongside a new ‘Best Scone’ competition.
4. Back by popular demand is the demonstration kitchen, which is placed in the heart of the farmers’ market, and the first slot will be filled by David McDonald from Geordie Bangers, who will cook up a traditional ‘Geordie Breakfast’.
5. This kitchen will also feature local businesses including The Cube, Cafe des Amis, Barluga, Morpeth Tandoori and Marabinis.
6. The other demonstrator will be John McKale, now a church pastor at the New Life Christian Centre but once an accredited chef at The Ritz in London.
7. The New Life Christian Centre will also be holding a kids bake off and cake decorating master class at 11.30am, with winners of the competition being announced an hour later.
8. The band of the Royal Regiment of Fusiliers has once again confirmed its attendance at the popular event, this time marching from Newgate Street at 11.30am down to the Market Place and finally ending in Sanderson Arcade.
9. Smooth Radio will be running a chill out style area with competitions and classic music for the full day, with the demonstration kitchen being hosted by breakfast radio presenter Steve Colman.
10. A free park and ride service will be available for the event, which will run from 9am to 4pm, operating every half an hour between County Hall and Morpeth Bus Station.