Northern Alliance league round-up

Alan Pegram’s double helped Hebburn Reyrolle cruise into the second round of the Kicks Leisure Challenge Cup with a 6-2 demolition of Murton.

His team-mates Craig Watson, Ray Oshin, Chris McDonald and Gary Dadd all got in on the act while Andy Upperton and Phil Wintrip grabbed the replies.

Frankie Di Pietro’s goal for Killingworth Sporting proved no more than a consolation as a brace from Blyth Town’s Lee Richardson saw the visitors advance.

Percy Main’s Kevin Westhall was another player that celebrated twice in a 3-0 win over Ponteland United. Tony Browell’s header added to Westhall’s early opener and he rounded things off after the break when Tony Abladey set him up.

Shaun Quinn let fly from 30 yards to give Walker Central the lead against Harraby CC just before the break, but the Cumbrians levelled in the 56th minute when Chris Ferrie fired into the top corner.

The visitors bossed the second half and Stuart Moffat hit a superb winner, chesting down a cross and swivelling to volley home in the 64th minute.

Stocksfield enjoyed a break from the pressures of the league and went ahead after just five minutes at fellow strugglers Rutherford as James Stoves struck.

A send from Phil Murray in the 70th minute ensured their passage while it took an extra time winner from Craig Schofield to take Heaton Stannington through against a solid Shankhouse.

Andrew Carr gave Ashington Colliers the lead in the 33rd minute but Whitley Bay A’s Colin Gillespie levelled in the 62nd. Jay Walker netted the winner for the visitors in the 75th minute while the tie between Carlisle City and Seaton Delaval fell victim to the weather.

In Division One, goals from Dan Childs (2), Joe Collins (2), Matty Atkin, Tavis Couling and Darren Campbell saw Gosforth Bohemians romp to a surprise victory at Wallsend Town who had Gary Hall and Sean Reid on target.

Leaders Amble United advanced in the Pin Point Recruitment Combination Cup as they hit six at Newcastle Chemfica Independent – but they needed extra time to see off their hosts.

Alistait Turvey, Josh Hay, Ross Gair, Craig Dance, Darren Riddell and Richard Brown shared the United goals with Derek Murphy-Collins grabbing both Chemfica goals.

Wallington had Kyle Reardon and David Thompson on target as they went through 2-1 at Forest Hall with Matt Smith replying while goals from Dan Sneap and Shaun Smith put Cullercoats into round two as they beat Wark 2-0.

Paul Blakey and Simon Reay hit two apiece with Luke Newton and Kevin Ord getting the others for Cramlington Town in a 6-1 victory over Morpeth SC, whose marksman was Ben Pollock, while the students at Newcastle Uni went goal crazy on the road at Newcastle East End.

Henry Scott hit four, Chris Holt three and their bumper tally was completed by Tim Rakshi, Patrick Stokie and William Marks as they netted ten times without conceding.

North Shields Athletic’s Matty Donkin and Gary Farrage hit the net as they beat Bedlington Terriers Reserves 2-1 in Division Two. Simon Brown grabbed the consolation.

Robert Nolan hit four for red House Farm as they romped into the second round of the Pin Point recruitment Amateur Cup with a 5-1 win at Wideopen and District. Adam Steinmetz got the other with Andrew Bruce getting the consolation.

Craig Rumley, Steven Graham, Ben Cooper and Adam Bravey were on target for Harton & Westoe CW at Alston, with Reece Thirtle netting for the Cumbrians and goals from Joe Bell and Ben Howell saw Whickham Lang jacks through against Cramlington United.

Willington Quay Saints’ Mark Henderson and Gareth Pugh scored against Wallsend Boys Club with George Sansom’s reply proving not enough.

Alnwick Town Reserves went through 3-1 at Hexham after extra time. Jordan Trotter’s opener for the visitors was cancelled out by Alan Brown but an own goal in the second period of extra time put Alnwick on top and they grabbed a third on the break through Brad McLelland.

Seaton Burn also needed extra time – and penalties – to see off New Fordley, who were reduced to nine men.

Andrew Bennet’s goal at the end of the first period of extra time looked to have put Seaton burn through but Lee Waugh levelled five minutes into the second period. Seaton Burn held their nerve to advance 4-2 on penalties.

The game between Northbank and Swalwell was postponed.