Northern Alliance league round-up

PONTELAND United were reduced to eight men as they went down 1-0 to Alnwick Town, Brian Murray getting the winner in the 70th minute, in the Northumberland FA Benevolent Bowl.

Danny Beresford hit a hat-trick for Blyth Town as they advanced with a 4-0 success over Walker Central. Lee Richardson got the other.

Holders Percy Main went out 3-0 on penalties to Stocksfield. Malcolm Morien gave the Villagers the lead right on half time, but Steve Forster equalised from the penalty spot seconds later.

Tony Abladey restored the Main lead in the 68th minute, but Ben Dibb-Fuller equalised in the 81st minute. The home side were reduced to ten men in extra time and the Griffins showed cool-heads to take it on penalties.

Killingworth Sporting were also penalty winners, beating Ashington Colliers 5-4 on spot-kicks after a 2-2 draw.

Joe Wear fired Heaton Stannington ahead at Seaton Delaval after just five minutes and although Paul Katz levelled in the 88th minute, Russell Ward grabbed the winner for Stannington in the final minute.

Amble United’s Josh Hay and Sean Taylor both got doubles as they romped to a 5-0 success at Cramlington Town, Darren Riddle rounding things off, while late goals from Christian Priest and Ant Moran weren’t enough for Shankhouse as they went down 5-2 at Prudhoe Town.

Dan Blamer shot Harraby ahead at Carlisle City just before half time in the Cumberland senior Cup, with Sean Bannon adding a second in the 71st minute. Jamie Heath pulled one back with three minutes to play.

Second half strikes from Danny Igo, Andy Reay and Sean Todhunter eased Rutherford past Garden House in the Durham FA Throphy, while Harton and Westoe beat Stockton West End 4-3.

In the league, second-half goals from Chris McDonald and Craig Armstrong gave Hebburn Reyrolle the points as they came from behind to beat Whitley Bay A.

Sean Jobson tucked away the opener for the Seahorses in the 21st minute, but McDonald, a recent signing from Jarrow, rose to power in a back post header for the leveller in the 64th minute.

Armstrong, who is on-loan from South Shields and proving an instant hit, fired the winner with eight minutes to go.

Receiving the ball in the box, the Mariner beat a defender and fired low into the net with his left foot.

The win takes Reyrolle up to seventh, just two points adrift of Whitley.

Wallsend Town now trail Amble United by just a point at the top of Division One as Liam Brown’s goal gave them the win at Cullercoats.

Wallington’s Dan Thompson struck twice as they drew 2-2 at Gosforth Bohemians, who had Darren Campbell and Tom Forder on target, while Heddon moved up the table as they hit Newcastle East End for six.

John Pearson tucked away a penalty for the opener and Andrew Davidson (2), Robbie Frame, Mark Hope and Steven Satterthwaite all got in on the act.

Morpeth Sports hit-man Rob Haney struck twice as they beat Forest Hall 4-2. Ben Pollock and Leroy Odd (pen) added to the tally with Jay Lomana and Matt Smith replying.

Newcastle Uni and Chemfica couldn’t find a way through and played out a goalless stalemate.

Chris Mann netted an 85th minute winner for Division Two leaders Red House Farm as they came from behind to win at Alnwick Town Reserves.

James Davidson had shot the home side ahead in the 18th minute, but Jack Bell levelled ten minutes later.

Dyaln Adamson hit a hat-trick for Wallsend Boys Club as they romped to a 6-0 win over bottom side Cramlington United. Adam Gibson got two and Lee Crammond the other while Ryan Ferrier-Chirnside was another three goal hero for Willington Quay Saints in their 5-3 victory at New Fordley. Glen Johnson and Liam Taylor got the others with Andrew Waugh (2) and Ryan Carr replying.

Dylan Williamson, Simon Brown, Ronnie Foreman and Jake Turnbull netted for Bedlington Terriers reserves as they won 4-1 at Whickham Lang Jacks, who had Joe Bell on target, and David Gabbitus hit the only goal of the game for Wideopen as they beat Swalwell.

Reece Thirtle and Andy Hall scored for Alston as they drew 2-2 with Northbank, whose scorers were Cameron Wilson and an own goal and it ended goalless in the game between Hexham and Seaton Burn.