Ponteland pegged back by late equaliser

Share this article

Northern Football Alliance Round-Up (Saturday, August 27)

Steve Foster’s last minute leveller not only completed his hat-trick, but earned Stocksfield their first point of the season, writes Jon Tait.

Foster was in wonderland as he plundered the late goal that earned the Griffins a 4-4 draw with last season’s champions Ponteland United.

The Black and Whites started well and goals from Max Turner and Harry Tulip put them in control as they look to move up the table.

Foster pulled one back, but Kevin McGorie struck to make it 3-1 at the break.

Ben Dibb-Fuller got Stocksfield back in it as he hit the net, but Gavin Wood added a fourth for Pont. There were just 10 minutes left when Foster completed the amazing turnaround.

Michael Bowman struck twice, in the 4th and 41st minutes, as Percy Main won 3-0 at Blyth Town. Tony Browell netted the other in the 37th minute.

Seaton Delaval’s Grant Kershaw and Danny McGuire scored in a 2-0 victory over Killingworth Sporting, while Anderton and new American signing Sean Riley netted for Harraby CC in their win over Hebburn Reyrolle.

Second-half strikes from Ben Telford, Gary Yates, Kevin Carr and Lee Johnson saw Heaton Stannington win 4-0 at derby rivals Walker Central and Murton’s Karl Garside’s deflected free-kick gave them the lead against Shankhouse.

Steven Thornton levelled, but second half strikes from Martin Peace and Tom Wilkie earned Murton the three points.

Carlisle City and Whitley Bay A shared the spoils in a goal-less encounter.

Division One leaders Amble United went nap with Lee Harker hitting four in an emphatic 6-0 demolition of Newcastle East End. Josh Hay got the other two and second-placed Wallsend Town went two better as they thumped Cramlington Town 8-3.

Sean Reid grabbed a hat-trick and he was joined on the scoresheet by Paddy Hall (two), Paul McHutcheon, Mickey Pooley and Chris Garwood. Eddie Dimes struck twice for shell-shocked Cramlington and Chris Laidlaw got the other.

Wallington’s Jordan Nellis struck a treble as the Greens won 3-1 at Cullercoats to maintain their winning start. Ian Hutchison scored the consolation.

Wark won 4-2 at Forest Hall, whose scorers were Ross White and Michael Parr, while Heddon’s Robert Frame nabbed the only goal of the game at Morpeth SC with five minutes to go.

Goals from Matty Atkin and Jamie Lockheed gave Gosforth Bohemians the points at Newcastle Chemfica Independent.

Robert Nolan’s brace helped keep Red House Farm on top of Division Two as the overcame New Fordley 3-1. Lee Brady was also on target with Craig Dunn replying.

Lee Laidler’s hat-trick was the highlight of Whickham Lang Jack’s 5-2 win at Cramlington United, with Joe Bell also getting in on the act and an own goal completing the tally. Ross Lester and Ross Armstrong scored for the basement side while Northbank’s John Slaven grabbed the only goal of the game against bedlington Terriers Reserves.

Alston’s Aaron Ritchie hit two with Oliver Cartwright getting the other in a 3-0 victory over Alnwick Town Reserves and Liam Heenan also struck twice for Hexham in their 3-1 win at North Shields Athletic. Mark Gibson celebrated the other, with Matty Donkin knocking in for Athletic.

Steven Graham (2), David Crumbie and James Nicholson were the Harton & Westoe marksmen in their 4-1 win at Swalwell, Richard Routeledge replying, while Willington Quay Saints also hit four against Seaton Burn.

Glen Johnson notched two with Liam Taylor and Mark Henderson the other scorers.

Wallsend Boys Club went ahead at Wideopen through Andrew Robertson, but within the minute the sides were again level as Chris Sword equalised.